Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hello!!  We are finally starting our new family Blog!!  Here is the first picture of cute little Ben walking around the mountains of snow outside our door.  I have never seen so much snow in all my life, and all the locals around here are saying the same thing, so I don't feel like I'm that out of line.  The snow mound is up to my shoulder right outside our door.  this last week just about everyday we woke up to see another fresh foot of snow on the ground.  Woo Hoo!  I just wish we had ski passes this year.

Well... This will be our last few months here in Rexburg.  Boyd is in his last semester of school and hopefully this spring we will be moving to a warmer climate.  We don't know where we are going when Boyd graduates (honestly... does that surprise anyone... would you really expect us to plan more than a week in advance) but we are hoping and praying for that right move.

So... good news... we were able to go the the Rexburg Temple Dedication today.  It is so beautiful and a huge blessing to everyone in this area.  I learned a little more about the history of this area and it makes me appreciate the strong heritage here.  I can't imagine being one of the first pioneers to come to Rexburg. 

Anyways... I'm going to post some new pictures and hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch better with everyone with this sweet new blog!!  I love ya'll

5 comments:

Becca said...

I want to hear more about the Rexburg temple dedication . . . I am jealous you got to go!

Unknown said...

Yay, you started a blog! Welcome to 2008...haha. Its a fun little addiction. Ben looks cute in the pics, as always. I can't believe he's already a year old! He and Leah need to bond soon.

meng said...

hey i just found your blog. cool. your little boy is so cute. well i will probably see you at church on sunday. talk to you than.

Bugs Mama said...

YEAH! You started blogging...now I have another blog to stalk! Ben is adorable and I look forward to hearing all about his toddler antics.

Kimra Bham said...

It's so good to see you guys!! (this is Kimra (& Andy) Burningham) I was checking out the Barnes' blog, when I saw the link to yours! Wow-- it's been a long time! I can't believe how adorable your little guy is-- last I heard you had just found out you were pregnant! He looks so much like you, Kathryn!! Well, it sounds like things are going well for you guys-- someday I'll get a blog going.... but we'll have to stay in touch! my email is kimrabham@gmail.com-- if you want it :o) Have a great day, and enjoy all the snow! ;o)