Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yellowstone Park and more

So... Boyd graduated a couple of weeks ago, but we've had a little downtime before we make our move up to Seattle.  That's right... we finally made a decision and we are moving to Seattle.  We are so excited and we've had a great time around Idaho during this limbo time.  We made a trip with our friends to Jackson Hole, spent a day in Rockland Idaho visiting my friend Misty, and we even made a trip up to Yellowstone (I loved it).  And here are the pics :)

When we went to Jackson Hole we stopped by the first Jewelry store that Boyd and I went in to look for rings.  The cheapest thing in there was about $10,000 (just a little out of our price range :).  
Allen... This picture is for you.  We went to "Ripley's Believe it or not" and the walls in this room were covered with belt buckles from one man's collection.  I thought you would appreciate it.  
We went with our friends to this aquatic center in Jackson and Ben loved it.  We took him down this slide a few times and needless to say... he was angry when we left (I figure that's a good sign).
We went with our friends Brandon and Ruth to "Leo's Place" in Idaho Falls.  It's a pizza place with stuff for kids to play on (and their moms :).  Ben had fun... and so did I.
We went to Rockland Idaho to see Misty (my roommate and best friend from Freshman year).  Her and her husband have moved out here, where he grew up, from Texas and it is gorgeous.  Ben loved seeing their cows, chickens, pigs, and their dog and Cat.  I loved seeing Misty.
We made a trip to Yellowstone  and here are a few pictures.  These buffalo were hangin out in the street.  They were so close it was a little scary.  I thought they were going to knock over our car or something.  But at the same time I wanted to get out and pet them.  
Ben got to see the Buffalo up real close.  
Um... Hello!  We saw a Grizzly Bear.  That was awesome.  I wanted to get out and pet him too, but something told me that was a stupid idea.
Us at the waterfall
We went to the park the day after they opened and most of the roads are still closed because of all the snow.  There is still a ton of snow up there.  It made me thankful that I live in Rexburg where the snow is almost completely melted :).


8 comments:

Becca said...

You saw a bear! I am so jealous of going to Yellowstone. I wanted to go while we were there and Hanna and Chris did, too, but we looked it up and it said it would be closed till the end of the month. Ugh. You guys went at the perfect time: all the animals are waking up and all the tourists are still hibernating.

I laughed at how you wrote, "Um, hello, we saw a grizzly." It's so Kathryn :) I can hear you saying it.

Ben is adorable as ever, a wall o' belt buckles is what Allen aspires to, and we're so excited for you to go to Seattle! Keep the posts comin!

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

What a fun trip!! Kirk and I have lived in this area for 4 years now, and we've never gone to Jackson or to Yellowstone! I feel like a bum! Good Luck with Seattle! Do you remember Alex and Anna McDonald? They are in that area now and they love it!

Darin & Misty Ralphs said...

Kathryn, I have been to Yellowstone 3 times and have never seen a Bear! I am glad you stayed in the car though. Make sure to keep in touch when you move.

alma and nicole smith said...

awesome pics kathryn!!! i cant believe those buffs and bear were so close! some people got there and dont see much. sounds like you guys have been enjoying the family down time. when do you leave? when are we going to hang out? and why am i not a link on the side of your blog??? you better keep in touch girl! love you.

Heather's Blog said...

I loved all of your pics. I agree w/bec- I could totally hear you saying "Um, hello...." That is so cool that y'all got to go to Yellowstone. I remember going there when we were kids and how it smelled like rotten eggs. I want to go there again.
I'm excited about y'all going to Seattle. I was thinking that w/y'all there it is a good excuse to maybe go to WA again this summer so we could see you and Marks fam. all in one trip????

oh yea- I LOVE your layout!

Jill said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love Yellowstone. Congrats on your decision to move to Seattle!

Unknown said...

Oh you brave crazy girl! Don't pet bears!! :) I miss those places around Rexburg. Congratulations on moving to Seattle, I have heard wonderful things about that area. Keep us posted. Oh and do the Bishop's have a blog too? How are their twins?

Kimra Bham said...

How fun! We miss Idaho! And... Andy and I are from Seattle area-- how fun you get to move out there! We miss it. I hope you love it! What made you choose there? What will you guys be doing? We're excited for you-- Good luck in you move!