Friday, March 6, 2009

Our 1st Family Visitor out here in Seattle!!

My dad had a business trip up to Alaska so he worked it to where he had an overnight layover in Seattle.  He ended up showing up a day early which was awesome because then he was here for two nights!  Anyways... it was so nice having him stay with us and Ben absolutely loves him which was so cute to see.  The second he showed up to our apartment Ben grabbed his hand and started showing him everything in our apartment and talking all sorts of things in "Ben's language."  
Needless to say... this is my dad we are talking about (anyone who knows him will understand) so on the full day that he was here we saw more and did more stuff than "most people get done in a week" (that's something my dad says all the time).  We started with the Boeing "future of Flight" museum, then went to downtown where we ate at a seafood restaurant by the bay, fed the seagulls, went on a fairy ride, went to Pikes market, and then ended up in REI.  I was so beat and pregnant by the end, that I was literally in tears in REI because I was starving and exhausted.  I was super embarrassed at the moment and felt really stupid, but thinking back on it I can't help but laugh.  I was crying because I was tired and hungry!!  For sure a pregnancy moment.  Anyways... we had a blast and here are a few pictures.  Family!  Come visit us!  I miss you all and wish we lived closer to everyone.

Me and my dad at pikes market
My dad on the fairy ride
Boyd, Ben, and I on the fairy.  It was freezing in the wind
Those are my boys
Ben was SO excited to be on the Boat
I love feeding the seagulls, but honestly... it scares me.  They have no fear of dive bombing you.

Cool!
Ben with Granddaddy at the museum of flight
Ben reading with granddaddy... how cute


6 comments:

Jaynan said...

a "fairy" ride huh? Isn't that for people who aren't heterosexual? j/k. You must mean ferry ride : ) and in that case, it looks like fun...

Love all the pictures... It's nice to see what friends are up to. We are counting down the weeks now too. Only 5 more for us : ) YIKES!

Tiffany said...

I love that you talked about how you started crying b/c you were tired and hungry...and then requested more visitors in the next line. "I'm an emotional pregnant person and will probably cry...but come visit me!" ;) jk I know exactly how it goes. It looks like you guys had lots of fun. I like having visitors b/c they make me do the stuff in Seattle that I've never done, even though I live here. :)

Darin & Misty Ralphs said...

I miss you Kathryn. I want to come see you.

McCain Family said...

so cute. I remember getting up earlier at Fairfield Bay than anywhere. All to get the good water! Uncle David would always say, "You don't sleep on vacation, you sleep when you go home!"

Bonnie said...

I didnt know you were in seattle!? I will come visit you! haha I miss you kathryn

Becca said...

Oh! That reading picture is so sweet! Dad, you look so darn handsome!