Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mukilteo Church Building burned to the ground

The church building where we attended church while we lived in Seattle (Mukilteo) burned down last night. The building was actually across the street from where we lived and in a great area. The "officials" are saying that it was from arson. I'm shocked, sad, and just can't believe someone would do that. Here is a link to an article about it.

Please pray for the people there. I love them so much and hate that this happened. Thankfully it happened in the middle of the night and no one was hurt.

7 comments:

Darin & Misty Ralphs said...

This is crazy Kathryn. Did you hear about the LDS bishop that was shot in California last month. What is this world coming to? I really hope it wasn't arson. What a beautiful building, lost.

Shannon said...

Wow. In Seattle? I'd somewhat understand if it was somewhere it was somewhere... oh, let's say Alabama (I'm from there). So much hate in the world! Keeping all in my prayers.

Trapper and Suzy said...

Sounds like arson. How else would it have been so intense? That's just crazy. Some people have said our church is a dying religion, but actions like this will only prove our solidarity and faith in God. God will triumph in the last day. You have our prayers for the members there.

Kimra Bham said...

How sad! Some things happen and you just wonder how and why... It's really great that no one was hurt-- I'm sure the people in that area will be blessed through this trial!

Tab said...

I'm so sorry, Kathryn! That's awful. Church buildings can feel like a second home, so I feel so bad for all the people there.

Tiffany said...

I couldn't believe it! That's nuts and so sad.

Travis and Sherise said...

Oh my goodness - that's just so sad and crazy to have it happen right where we used to live. We'll keep all in our prayers as well.